Saturday, June 14, 2008

they tell me me seat cusion can be used as a floatation device/pray to god they aint lying

So I am flying to Ontario California Monday morning at the ass crack of dawn. My flight takes off at 6 am from Manchester. I land in Ontario at 2pm their time which for all you math majors out there is 5 pm NH time. That my friends is 11 hours of travel for some VW thing that was cool last year and gets me out of work for 3 days this year, but I'm wondering is it worth it?

Last year, I ended up in the national finals which were held in Ontario. The first round of "testing" was held in Atlanta in August. It was 100*F when I got off the plane. Man that was effing hot. This year, I have to fly across the country for same first round. Me thinks that I would rather go back to Atlanta this time but I digress.

I guess what worries me when I go to places unfamiliar is that fear of the unknown. What if theres an earthquake and LA falls off into the ocean? Does that meat that the Celtics automaticly get game 5 and the championship because the Staples Center is floating somewhere near the Mexican coast?

Last year I flew to Cali on 9/11. Now I'm not a doomsdayer kinda guy, but I couldn't help but notice it was a little creepy to fly that day. I suppose that probably would be the best day all year to fly due to the tragic date, but it still came into my head as weird.

What it really comes down to is I am not a fan of planes. I know they say it's the safest way to travel, but it's still a little scary. I am not a religous man, but I pray to something when that bird takes off and lands. I don't think that there is anybody who really likes plane rides. Maybe the pilots do. I'm pretty sure flight attendents don't. They are pissed all the time. Don't ask for extra cream in your coffee, the may throw it at you.

So as I finish up, wish me luck and in the words of the band moe. song plane crash "...they tell me my seat cushion can be used as a floatation device/pray to god they ain't lying.." Only problem is, I'm going across land.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where u been all my life? how did the competition go - u rock the casbah again?