Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ch Ch Changes

So its been a while cyber fellas. Keeping up with the blog has been very difficult. Everything I see, I say to myself "oh, I could blog about that" Alas I never do. Well sometimes I don't. Sometimes I do. Well there has been alot happening here lately. Annie is trying to seek gainful employment for the school season. My friend George from work is leaving to take a new job at a dealership far south from us. I am very disappointed only for selfish reasons. George and his family have become best friends with my family. Having George work with me has been really fun for the past 3 years...on and off. I wish him well in his new/old endevor.



Well I decided to keep the earlier part of this post together, even though it is roughly 3 weeks old and I haven't updated it, because it suddenly is very relevent to whats going on in the land of Jim. I too have decided to leave my post at Lakes Region VW and have joined George in Mass at Commonwealth Motors. I have cherished my time in Gilford. It has afforded me the ability to pursue this job in Lawerence that even though there will be quite a commute involved, I think will in the long run be better for my family and my bank account. Actually the commute is only approx 10 miles further, although I assume with traffic it will probably be about 30 mins each way longer.

I guess the really scary part of all this is that I am starting a new job. No wait. Thats not the scary part. The scary part is that I have never given a 2 week notice anywhere. This was the first time ever. I usually either get fired (only once or twice) or just say "eff it" and just not show again (maybe a little more often than is called for) or just get squeezed out (oddly the way I have most often lost employment). Anyway, Lakes Region has been very good to me in the 6+ years I have worked there so I really needed to give 2 weeks. I suddenly feel like a lame duck. Kinda like Clinton in 99-2000 minus the BJ's from the office girls (yikes where'd that come from?) Well now I know what playing for the Kansas City Royals is all about. Just playing out the string.

Well suddenly Aug 15 has come and gone and I am now on the back side of 30 years old. It really doesn't feel any different. My pants still go on 1 leg at a time. Just a few more gray hairs and a sudden realization that all the advice my father gave me through the years will now need to be dispensed to my ever growing 4 year old. I am really looking forward to the cars/girls conversations as opposed to the spongebob/remote losing conversations.

I promise I will do a better job of leaving this rubbish for people to read more often.

Until then, peace out girl scouts

Jimi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do great! Had I not decided to leave my cozy job as Operations Manager at Home Depot and drive all the way to Davers MA from Concord NH to start with Lowe's, I'd never be an Area Manager. Change is good. Challenge is good.

Anonymous said...

You got the job?! Sweet! I called for you when you were at the interview and Annie told me all about it. Congrats!
--Jacqui

Dirty Kat Box said...

Dude - well said - you put the rub in rubbish - hehehehehe.
Best of luck to you! remember that the path of least resistence is just BORING - all this talking is making me boring. hehehehehehehe