Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good memories...

I was terribly saddened by the news of Leroi Moore's passing. As most of you know, I am a borderline rabid Dave Matthews Band fan. No take that back. I have passed the line. I am rabid. I have almost sworn off all other music other than that of the Dave. I refer to the entire band as the Dave. When you talk about them as much as I do, it just saves time. Anyways when I got on the official DMB website last night to check the setlist, it hit me like a freight train. I was shocked. I called Annie over so she could verify what I was reading. I went looking for my phone to call people. It was like one of the family had died. My friend Cyn had not called me. This was big. She must not know. Telling her Leroi was gone was like telling her one of our near and dear friends was gone. She started crying. I started tearing up. All these crazy thoughts came to me. Are they now gonna break up? If they stay together, will they replace him? Did they still play tonight? To their credit and a fitting tribute to their friend and brother they played on. They played a setlist that is reportedly filled with Leroi's favorites. I love the music. I will always refer to them as the Fab 5. Heaven must have needed a horn player. God knows he got the best. RIP Leroi. We WILL forever miss you.

Saddened by life sometimes,
Jimi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

qnovJimi,

Thank you for such a beautiful post. I certainly appreciate your kind word about LeRoi. Heaven must have DEFINITELY needed a horn player and I hope he is jamming alongside John Coltrane right now! : )

RIP LeRoi

--cyn

Anonymous said...

I heard about it at work that day and I immediatley felt sad for his family and also for you. I knew you would be heartbroken.
Hope you are ok.

Love you and miss you.
Jacqui